Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Introduction to conjunctions.




 

We use conjunctions to connect sentences and phrases. In this post I will show you how to use and and but.



and

Sometimes, we write two sentences that have the same idea. For example:


I like cakes.

I like chicken.




We can combine the two sentences using and. They will become:

I like cakes and chicken.

Let's try with another example:


Ali doesn't like broccoli.

Danial doesn't like broccoli.


The sentences will become:

Ali and Danial don't like broccoli.



but

Sometimes, we use two sentences that are different in ideas. For example:


I like pizza.
He likes muffin.


We can combine the two sentences using but. It will become:

I like pizza but he likes muffin.

Let's try with another example:



It's raining.
She hasn't got an umbrella.


The sentences will become:

It's raining but she hasn't got an umbrella.


Click here to see if you get to use the right conjunctions. Good luck!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More